International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS)
The object of ICSS EUROPE is to develop activities, independently and on a non-profit basis, for the protection of sports through tangible efforts to ensure good governance, integrity, the protection of youth as well as protection and security throughout the sport sector, in particular with the aim of:
- Contributing to making sport safe and ethically governed at local, national and global levels so that its positive values continue to be an inspiration for society and individuals;
- Supporting governments, international bodies, sports organisations, civil society and the sports sector in the development of advanced policies and instruments to safeguard safety, security and integrity in sports with a particular focus on grassroots;
- Increasing specialisation, science-based instruments and capacity building, including training and education programs across the sports sector;
- Promoting collective, multisectoral and international actions to safeguard the integrity of sport and prevent violence, with a particular focus on grassroots protection;
- Identifying innovative and pioneering tools to protect sport and those who compete and play sport, in particular the most vulnerable.
ICSS EUROPE is part of the International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS) group and develops programs and activities within the scope of ICSS’s (www.icss.org) global movement.
ICSS EUROPE, in line with ICSS’s vision and values, has a focus on the protection and education of children and young people through sport. In particular, ICSS EUROPE has been working with key stakeholders to establish a Charter for Best Practices on Youth Development and Protection in Sports.
The efforts in this field are also specially carried out via the SAVE THE DREAM initiative (http://www.save-the-dream.org/en) within ICSS. Working on a global scale with leading organisations across sectors, Save the Dream implements and promotes initiatives to empower youth through safe access to sport and its educational and social values.
On an international level, Save the Dream works in official cooperation with organisations such as the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), UNICEF, UNESCO, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the International Olympic Truce Center (IOTC) and with a vast network of stakeholders from civil society and sport